MEETERS AND GREETERS
TEAM LEADER – SISTER ABIOYE SADO
DESCRIPTION, AIMS & OBJECTIVES
We are chosen vessels whose service in the house of the Lord is to meet and greet worshippers as they come into the sanctuary and also to provide visibility by our coordinated, uniformed and mature presence.
WHAT WE DO
- We are generally adults but can involve young people thereby impacting them early
- We encourage communication and fellowship amongst members
- Every member to endeavour to pass through the different classes available in the church before becoming a worker/member of the department
- Any member joining the department is made to shadow our mode of worship before joining eventually. We provide welcoming services in the Church.
- We are located as intermediates in the reception/bookshop area after the holy police at the main entrance to the auditorium.
- We assist visitors with information i.e. giving out necessary information to visitors and new comers, giving direction to where the toilet is, canteen, youth church, children’church etc.
- We offer support and helping hand to mothers with their babies, bags,buggies etc.
- We also work hand in hand with the Ushers to ensure the smooth running of services.
- To actively pray, support and encourage team members and church members as a whole.
AIMS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To serve as 1st Point of Contact to Members of the Church and Visitors as they come into the Sanctuary.
- To make members and visitors feel welcomed and experience warmth as they come into the Sanctuary.
WHAT WE STAND FOR
We stand for excellence. Our presence at the door is to make sure people are welcomed properly into the sanctuary especially people coming for the first time. To make sure things go smoothly right from the beginning of the entrance of the church. To Ensure that the service is not interrupted or disturbed by people’s movement, noise and to prevent loitering during services.
We offer support to everyone that needs support and information when necessary.
HOW WE SUPPORT THE CHURCH
We support the church by ensuring we arrive on time and that there are at least two people at the church entrances to attend to and welcome everyone coming through the doors.
We ensure that the church is well represented and give them reasons to come back.
We endeavour to be in the Spirit and at alert all the time to everything going on and everyone coming in and going out of the church.
We ensure that we paint the right picture straight from the door and portray the church right in the eyes of everyone coming to worship.
HOW DO YOU DELIVER THESE PROCESSES
- We minister every service day and on both services on Sunday
- We operate by a Rota system especially during special programmes
- We work in pairs at all times (when one member is attending to individual needs; the other is positioned to continue from where the other stopped)
- We win people into the body of Christ by smiling and making them feel welcomed at the entrance into the church, lifting the heavy load off their hearts by confirming to them that God will meet them at the very point of their needs
- We greet in a welcoming and passionate manner with a smile at all times
- We accompany unattended children to their parents, children’s church or toilet
- We endeavour to support people and offer our assistance as much as it is practicable
- We always make note of any alternative entrances needed to be used as advised by the church
- Establish and maintain a position log / rota to list the actions to take during individual’s shift
- We have uniform rota which we use on Sunday and during special programmes
INFORMATION ON HOW TO JOIN THE DEPARTMENT
New members are welcome to join the department by approaching any of the listed team members.
We also recruit members by approaching new comers as they come to the church but every member would have to go through the different teaching/believers’ classes to become full team members.
ABIOYE SADO – 07931544974, TUNDE ADU –07939216353, ADEOLA ADEOSUN – 07903877030