TEAM LEADER – SISTER TRACY OLU-AWONIYI
DESCRIPTION, AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- The ministry exists to provide a loving, nurturing and safe environment in which to teach our children the importance of a personal relationship with our Saviour, Jesus Christ.
- To assist families in nurturing the spiritual formation of their children through providing a fun, loving, and accepting environment where they can learn:
- Bible stories,
- about God’s gift of salvation and his vast love for them,
- to apply what they learn to their daily lives,
- grow to love the Lord with all their hearts, souls, mind and strength.
Children’s Church serves children ages 3 through 13 during the 1st and 2nd Services on Sunday. We also run a Children’s Sunday school at 10:35 am – 11:10 am and at 9 am every 1st Sunday of the month.
Children’s church is an environment where the children are taught at an age-appropriate level, and are encouraged to develop a relationship with Jesus Christ through his word.It’s our heart that they know Him, encounter Him, and adore Him.
We minister to the spiritual, physical and social needs of the children by our yearly events which include Children’s week, Children’s Summer Fun party, Children’s conference and the Children’s Christmas party.
The goal of children’s ministry is to lead children toward knowing Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.To guide the children into a growing relationship with Christ by encouraging them to pursue intimacy with God. It is also aimed at communicating God’s word to the kids and ensures that they grow into it. Children are taught to understand their God given talents and to use them positively.
We believe in equipping and prayerfully supporting each child so that they might realize Christ’s perfect plan for their life.
Children’s ministry supports the church by making it easier for new people to attend services. Parents will be able to listen to the messages without distractions. They will be confident that their children are loved, safe and taught the word of God. In this way, children’s ministry helps evangelize parents. If children feel comfortable and welcome at church, the parents are more likely to come back.
We are pleased to have people join this exciting and fulfilling department. Please kindly contact Tracy Olu-Awoniyi or Deaconess Stella Ogunsanya for further information on how to join.
Contact details: Tracy Olu-Awoniyi (07427652670, email address email@example.com)